Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Hayward Con.

This past weekend I was a guest at the Hayward Comic Book Convention.
We tried something a bit different at this show. What we did was set up about four panels and had any kids or young artist's contribute their art work. The turn out was really good and gave me the chance to talk to other artists.







The idea was sparked up by Steve Wyatt who organized the show. Steve had seen me doing live art at the last Sacramento show and asked if I could come up with something that would allow others to get involved doing art. So the plan is once the panels are filled with aspiring artists work I would then do a piece of art to bring the whole thing together.

Once all the pieces are finished they will be donated at the next Sacramento comic show in December. The donations will be going to The Hero Initiative a charity to help current and retired artists in need. For more on this organization please go here.

TheHeroInitiative.org

Here is one of the commissions I did at the show for Mike. Thanks Mike!!
More soon!

emonic




No comments: